Python is a general-purpose interpreted, interactive, object-oriented, and high-level programming language. It was created by Guido van Rossum during 1985- 1990. Like Perl, Python source code is also available under the GNU General Public License (GPL). This tutorial gives enough understanding on Python programming language.
- use Python interactively
- execute a Python script at the shell prompt
- use Python statements (if...elif..else, for, pass, continue, . . . )
- write and call a simple function
- utilize high-level data types such as lists and dictionaries
- understand the difference between mutable and immutable types